Winter 2017 Native Plant Extravaganza
- Please join us at the Native Plant Extravaganza*, which will take place on Saturday, February 25, 2017, from 10:00-4:00.
A portion of the proceeds from this event go to support
the Bringing Back the Natives Garden Tour
Take advantage of this opportunity to shop for unique or hard-to-find native plants that are not normally available in most nurseries.
This shopping extravaganza will offer native plant fans a good selection of native plants and provide a more relaxed and less crowded shopping experience than one normally finds at native plant sales. Knowledgeable staff will be on hand to help shoppers select the right plants for their gardens. You do not have to register in order to shop at these nurseries. Directions to nurseries can be found below, or use Google maps. (Note that Google and Yahoo directions are not correct for Annie’s Annuals and Perennials; use the directions below.)
For information on how to successfully plant natives, please see Yerba Buena Nursery’s excellent Transplant Guide.
Nurseries selling on Saturday, February 25, 2017, from 10:00–4:00
- Oakland - East Bay Wilds, 2777 Foothill Blvd., Oakland, CA 94601 (the entrance is on 28th Ave.) See East Bay Wilds’ plant list here. View Flicker photos of the East Bay Wild’s nursery here.
- Richmond – Annie’s Annuals and Perennials, 740 Market Ave. Richmond, (510) 215-1671 Please use these directions; internet mapping sites will give you wrong directions. Coming from the south, take I-80 east toward Sacramento. Exit at San Pablo Dam Rd. (two exits past San Pablo Ave.) and make a left at the light. Turn right at the 3rd light onto San Pablo Ave. Turn left at Church Lane, which turns into Market Ave. Go approximately 1.5 miles (through 2 lights – 23rd St. and Rumrill) and over 2 railroad tracks. “Annie’s” is on the left a few feet past the second set of tracks, where you will see the “Annie’s” sign and large green fence. You will not see an address.
- Richmond -The Watershed Nursery, 601 A Canal Blvd. Richmond, (510) 234-2222 Offering hundreds of species of California native plants; located in Point Richmond. You can see the list of available plants here.
- San Leandro – Green Thumb Works, 16276 E. 14th Street, San Leandro (corner of E. 14th & 163rd @ Dig Deep Farms greenhouse on the Pacific Apparel lot. There is plenty of convenient parking.)
View the plant list, prices and photos online: squareup.com/store/green-thumb-works. Come early for the best selection of native forbs, ornamental grasses, shrubs, perennials, and annuals.